This committee is in its early stages of development.
To provide services that for Youth/Young Adults of the Fairfax City Community with interests in entrepreneurship, business, marketing, volunteer work, or community development.
Youth/Young Adult Leadership Development
- Create a board of High-School, College Students and Board Members that will meet regularly to discuss needs and upcoming activities that are of interest to the youth/young adults of our community.
- Creation of a four-year leadership program.
- Businesses members of the Chamber will provide internships/apprenticeship/job shadowing opportunities.
Community Service Enrichment
- Provide monthly opportunities to do volunteer work. Volunteer work can be with current Chamber members or ideas provided by the Board.
- Provide mentorship activities for youth and business community.
Girl Power Program
- Have leadership conferences to develop confidence and leadership in women.
- Provide avenues for young girls to seek mentorship with current women leaders/business leaders.
- Provide internship/apprenticeship opportunities for young girls.
Encourage Youth Entrepreneurship
- Provide an opportunity for youth/young adults to present a business proposal in front of a panel of business owners.
- Receive answers to questions they may have on start-up and execution.
- Provide opportunities to put business proposals into execution.
Tarika Sethi, (OSA Martial Arts)